Total Pageviews

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

A New Activity

This week I'm delighted to announce that I've taken up a new hobby / pastime- GOLF.
Last Summer my two youngest kids took up Junior Golf and really enjoyed it.
The local club did a big drive to attract lady members and myself and a few of my colleagues took up Beginners Golf.
A member would take the beginners out every week and we would shoot a few balls( and a lot of fresh air shots!!!)
Before Easter we started formal Golf Lessons.
This week I went out twice and played 9 holes of golf each time.
This is a first for me and I feel a great sense of achievement !
I really enjoyed it.
I'm along way off becoming a PRO!
But now that I'm being more positive I have actually improved.
It's great to have a ME time.
I'm getting in my fresh air and I'm getting in some exercise!
So all in all it seems to tick all the boxes.

My other relatively new pastime is running.
I'm still following my App Couch to 10k and I'm on the second last week.
I'm running now for 25 minutes, walking for 1 and running again for 25.
I still don't find it easy but I feel really good afterwards.
I'm running about 8K.
It is one of my goals to do a 10 K during the Summer.
I feel I'm right on target.
In 2 weeks time there is a 10k race on in Dingle.
I would love to try it even if I have to walk at times.
If I'm in Kerry I will seriously consider it.

Anyway I don't think I would be running or golfing only for joining Weight Watchers.
It has made me focus more on Exercise.
It has made me focus more on ME.
I am worth it!
Now that I'm losing weight I have become more confident.
It has made me more conscious of using my limited time well.
All in all I am happy being me!




No comments:

Post a Comment