Total Pageviews

Thursday, 23 May 2013

What's an Ideal Weight?

What's an Ideal Weight?
As I near my goal of 9 st 4 lbs / 130 lbs I'm wondering what my Ideal Weight should be.
I'm 5 3". I'm female and I'm 43.
So I decided to google it and I found an Ideal Weight Calculator.
Based on different popular formulas my weight should be anything from 115 lbs to 126 lbs.
Based on the Healthy BMI Recommendation my recommended Ideal Weight is between 104 lbs to 141 lbs.

Thankfully I'm now within the Healthy BMI Recommendation.
But should I reset my goal?
Right now I'm thinking should I aim for 126 lbs / 9 st ?
The Jury is out on that one!

One part of me is saying Go for it! A nice even number - an easy one to remember!
Another part of me is asking when was I ever that weight in my life before?
NEVER!!!!
Is that reason enough NOT to aim for it?

As well as that I'm now getting a lot of compliments and criticisms!
Naturally I love the compliments.
It amazes me how it takes people awhile to notice weight loss.
I suppose we get abit paranoid about it and think that every pound lost should be noticed.
But It's a great motivation to keep going.

But then I'm also getting the criticisms!
The criticisms coming from my nearest and dearest!
Comments like " Your're looking gaunt"
"You wouldn't want to lose anymore weight".... etc don't help.

So I'm at abit of a junction.
I intend to lose another 2 lbs to get to my original goal.
Then I'll wait and see.
If I can motivate myself to go another 4 lbs I will.
If not that's ok too.
The important thing for me is Maintenance !
Remember I've been here a few times before!



No comments:

Post a Comment