Total Pageviews

Friday, 12 April 2013

Hedonic Hunger

Hedonic Hunger!
So that's what they call it.
The desire to eat even though you are not hungry.
I have this a lot!!
And the good news is that this is only a habit!
Habits can be changed!
This I know is one of my greatest challenges.

So how am I going to work on this Challenge?

At my last meeting my leader was speaking a lot on this topic.
Her mantra was that " Size Matters".
When serving ourselves we should choose smaller plates, bowls, glasses etc.
Take wine for example. If you fill a small glass of wine you feel you've had a glass of wine.
If you put the same quantity into a larger glass you might even feel alittle hard done by!
Same goes for bowls and plates.
If you put 30g of cereal into a large bowl you will nearly be searching the bowl for it.
If you put the same quantity into a smaller bowl- add some fruit and perhaps a yogurt and your bowl is overflowing.
I suppose we need to train our brains to see things differently.
So this week I'm going to invest in a set of smaller ware for my use exclusively !

I'm also going to try and slow down when I'm eating.
If you chew your food properly and slow down you're  giving your stomach a chance to register with your brain that you've had enough to eat!
It seems to be all mind games this week!

And finally the more you drink the fuller you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment