But I always walked.
That's the great thing about walking .
Everyone can do it.
You can walk by yourself or with a friend.
And You can go for a walk wherever you are.
Last Summer I decided to take up jogging.
I downloaded a free "Couch to 5k " App for I pods and I phones.
I worked methodically through the programme.
I didn't find it easy.
It's an 8-10 week programme starting off with 4 or 5 intervals of walking for 3 minutes and jogging for 2 minutes.
This eventually worked up to jogging for 30 minutes.
I highly recommend this App or something similar if like me you're not a natural athlete.
Since then I have jogged 2 5k races and a 4 mile Mini Marathon.
I got a great sense of achievement from doing this!
I'm back training again at the moment.
As I said before I'm a fair weather exerciser and haven't done a whole pile of jogging during the Winter.
I'm just about up to 30 minutes again.
I still don't find it easy but I do get a great buzz when I've it done.
Hopefully all this jogging is toning me up and burning a few calories!
As well as those obvious benefits, getting out in the fresh air is great for your head and mental state.
I always feel good after a jog.
This year's goal is to do a 10 k Race during the Summer.
I must surf the net to see if there's an App to help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment