Total Pageviews

Sunday, 14 April 2013

You have to Live Life!

This weekend myself and hubbie went away to a hotel for a night.
It was a much needed rare treat!
It was also a spur of the moment thing.
We had planned to meet friends of ours for dinner there and decided the day before to stay!
My first reaction was PANIC- How was I going to fit this in to my Weight Watchers plan?
What could I eat?
For a very brief period I did not want to go.

But this is Life and we have to live.
So I decided that while I was away I was  not going to track.

This is how it went!

I'll start with the positives.
I had a lovely much needed break with my husband,
It was no harm to remind myself that life shouldn't revolve around food!
I was very conscious of what I was eating.
Within reason I made good food choices.
I didn't eat bread.
I made a conscious decision to move the bread basket to the other side of the table!
This was difficult as it contained lovely homemade bread!
I drank loads of water and herbal teas while away.
I didn't have a starter or dessert.
I chose a chicken salad for lunch.
I had fruit, a natural yogurt, 2eggs,toast and 1rasher for breakfast.
I bought a light weight running jacket and I went for 2 45 minute jogs.

And now for the not so positives!
I didn't track.
I drank 2 glasses of wine and 1 glass of port.
The salad I had for lunch had a lovely dressing, croutons and Parmesan cheese in it and I licked the plate clean!
I found it difficult to choose for dinner.
I didn't want another salad!
So I looked towards the fish option.
There was only beer battered deep fried fish on the menu.
In the end I chose a chicken curry with rice.
It was lovely and again I licked the plate clean!
I chose we'll for breakfast except the eggs were fried.

This week I plan to cut down alittle on my daily 26 points.
I'm hoping to make up for my weekend indulgences .
I would love next Thursday to be down at least 1 lb.
Time will tell!


No comments:

Post a Comment