Total Pageviews

Thursday, 4 April 2013

What's a Healthy Weight?


I'm 5"3.
The healthy weight recommended for my height is between 8st 5lbs and 10 stone.
For most of my adult life 11 st up was nearer my norm.

Previous Weight Watcher Experience.

When I started Weight Watchers (the first time! ) in May 2011, I found this healthy weight information abit daunting to say the least!
My Weight Watcher leader set a target weight for me at 9st 4lbs.

I felt I was never going to reach this weight.
But I did! And 6 months later I had lost 1st 5.5lbs and weighed 9 st 3lbs!
I was never ever so light in all my life.
I got my Gold Card and I was over the moon.

Gold Card

When you get your Gold Card you are free to attend Weight Watcher Meetings for the rest of your life as long as your weight stays within 5lbs of your target weight.

This is where I failed!
I had two major problems here.
First of all , as soon as I reached my target weight, I subconciously changed my target weight to 9st 10lbs! ( 5lbs over my target!)
Not a good move!

Secondly I didn't continue to go to the meetings.
I now know that I need to go to the meetings once I hit my target weight.
At least once a month - if not once a fortnight at the start.
I seem to be the type of person that needs to be "publically weighed",  "named and shamed" and kept accountable to keep me motivated.

Sad but true!




No comments:

Post a Comment