I get comfortable with myself - settled - lazy perhaps and then the old habits start creeping back.
As somebody once told me " Once a Weight Watcher - Always a Weight Watcher!"
I think once I get to a weight I'm comfortable with, I forget this piece of advice.
Throughout my years of dieting I have picked up numerous good habits.
I eat well. (Too well you might say!)
I like fruit and vegetables.
I drink plenty of water and herbal teas.
I always eat breakfast.
I exercise regularly. ( I'm a fair weather exerciser though!)
So where does it all go wrong?
With me it seems to be a maintainance problem.
I seem to be able to lose the weight but not keep it off.
One of the problems lies with Portion Sizes.
Perhaps it's an Irish thing.
I always finish what's on my plate.
And if the truth be known I often finish food on my childrens' plates as well!
Secondly I seem to have an emotional attachment to food.
I eat when I'm hungry , when I'm happy or sad , when I'm tired or stressed and even when I'm sick!
I'm not sure how I'm going to overcome that problem.
Any advice greatly accepted!
Another problem I seem to have came to the fore yesterday.
Time or rather lack of it!
I was racing aroung so much that I didn't have time for a proper meal.
I spent the day snacking on rice cakes.
Then, when I did eventually come home, I was too tired to cook anything decent and I had another bowl of weetabix.
This to be very honest is a regular occurence.
I feel abit like a hopeless case!
St Jude please help me!
No comments:
Post a Comment