Total Pageviews

Saturday, 20 April 2013

My Favourite Snacks

One of my biggest challenges is finding the TIME to plan and prepare my food.
I seem to be always in a hurry to collect someone or to do a drop off!
Also There  always seems to be endless matches to attend and support.
As a result its crucial that I have a supply of " weight watcher friendly " foods at hand.

Since I've joined weight watchers I've become very aware  of what I eat.
I'm not only looking at the propoints in a food - I'm asking myself-
 Is this healthy?
Will it fill me?

One of my best finds this week is the " Carrot, honey and coriander Soup" from Cully & Sully.
It's delicious and 200mls of it ( half the carton ) works out at 1 propoint.
I usually have this with 2 krisprolls or 2 Ryvita which works out at 3 propoints.
Sometimes I put cheese on them.
I use the Philadelphia Light cheese mini tubs or the Laughing Cow Light triangle or a slice of the Dubliner Light Cheese.
Each one works out at 1propoint each.
I find all of this very fulfilling for only 5 propoints.

I have always loved Cheese and it amazes me at how high full fat cheese is in propoints for a fairly small portion!
The Cheeses I mentioned are pre portioned or pre sliced which I find great.

The Ryvita I use is the Fruit Crunch Ryvita.
It has a sweetness to it which I love.

Eggs are another stable in my diet.
I have them poached, scrambled or in an omelette.
A poached egg on a slice of  Wholemeal Hovis bread toasted and buttered ( low fat of course! ) works out at 6 propoints.
I used use the Hovis Nimble Bread.
One fairly small slice is 1 propoint and 2 slices work out as 3 propoints.
I always had 2 of them but found that I enjoyed the Wholemeal Hovis bread better so I stick to that now.   One slice works out at 3 propoints.

Yogurts are another great quick fix.
I love the Weight Watcher Dessert Recipe yogurts.
I generally have one over a fruit bowl.
Quite filling and all for 1 propoint .
Very tasty!

If I need a sugar fix I have a cup of coffee with sweetener .
I might have this with a Chilli flavoured Rice cake which I'm quite partial to.
Again this treat is 1 propoint.
The benefits of Sweeteners is an ongoing debate which I'll tackle on another day!
At the moment I feel I couldn't do without them.

I generally don't buy packets of biscuits or treats for the house.

First of all I prefer not to put temptation in my way!
Secondly I have kids ( and a husband ! ) who would eat them in me anyway!
I taught them well!!
If I am out and would like a treat with a cup of coffee I would buy a small Cadburys  purple  Snack.
This is 3 propoints.


No comments:

Post a Comment