Total Pageviews

Friday, 5 April 2013

What I learnt in WEEK 1

There were many things I took on board this week.

Tracking is crucial.
That is writing down absolutely everything you eat and drink and pointing it.
This makes you very aware of what you eat.
And it cuts down on subconsciously eating ie eating something left on the work top or finishing something on your child's plate!
I have started to do this several times this week and stopped because of the tracking!

Planning your food is very important.
You need to have plenty of fruit , vegetables and "Weight Watcher" friendly food in stock.
So when you're  hungry or just feel like a snack you have something healthy at hand.

Drinking Water is highly recommended .
As well as being good for you, it fills you up.
I'm quite partial to the Herbal Teas.
I love Green Tea with Vanilla in the morning.
I also drink Peppermint Tea and Very Berry.
I tend to use one bag and refill it several times- hence upping my water intake.
I also drink decaf coffee with sweetener which I find great when I'm hungry or need a sugar fix.
I would love to be able to drink coffee without sugar but I find it's the sweetness that I like.
I'm trying to cut down on it.
Another challenge for me!!

Again folks all advice would be most welcome!

The third facet of Weight Watchers is Exercise.
It's the one major good habit I've picked up throughout my years of weight watching.
It doesn't matter what you do once you're moving.
Walking - for a half hour 3 to 5 times a week is all that's required.
It's that easy.
And the benefits are huge- a fitter more toned up person !

Now that we have an extra hour in the evening (Clocks went back here at the weekend), my Weight Watcher Leader asks each of us
" What are you doing with the extra hour? "

So I'll leave you on that note.

What are you doing with that extra hour?





No comments:

Post a Comment